It is vital to note here that Anand did not flee the country when he was out on bail after the initial charges. He wanted to fight it out and prove his innocence. An incident to prove the level of conspiracy and bias against the designer was when he was falsely charged to be an illegal immigrant in the United States. He was detained again and sent to the INS jail even though he was legal. An INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service) judge eventually throughout the charge stating that he was legal and should have never been in INS. The prosecution moved the case from the Beverly Hills court and judge Elden Fox to the Downtown Los Angeles court where Anand was indicted on over fifty nine counts. His defense team asserts that these models have made up these charges and are nothing less than “wannabes” craving for publicity, fame and potentially fortune. A group of around 23 complaining witnesses were produced by the prosecution. The girls joined the bandwagon after the initial first complaint so eager with statements of alleging sexual abuse which occurred in a time period of 2001 to 2007. If it were true, then why did the girls take so long to speak up? Not even one of the 23 so called victims had any complaints until 2007. Why were no 911 calls made by any of the complaining witnesses when that is what any assaulted person would attempt to do? All these not only prove that these are conniving charges but also gets one suspicious about the motive behind bringing down a well know celebrity. CNN writes about the Fashion designer’s sex case.
Los Angeles, Aug 21 : The lead detective in Indian fashion designer Anand Jon's case destroyed evidence that was crucial to the defence. George Elwell was ordered in to court by the presiding judge, David S Wesley when it was determined last week by the defence that evidence handed over to the detective in September 2007 was not booked into the evidence log until July 31, 2008 - 11 months later. Read more
OF all the things that Anand Jon wanted, what he seemed to crave most was attention: the hot glare of the catwalk. The shout-outs of paparazzi. The stares of the idle rich as he poured out of a limousine in the Hamptons with girls, lots and lots of girls, always young and beautiful and easily replaced. What he gained, in the end, was attention, but not the kind he craved. The dark-eyed, 33-year-old fashion designer has been released on $1.3 million bail after having been charged last month by the district attorney’s office in Los Angeles County with 32 counts of rape, sexual battery, lewd acts on a child and other ugly crimes, against a dozen women — all models — aged 14 to 23. “It’s the pattern of a sexual predator,” said Jane Robison, the spokeswoman for the district attorney. “It’s a serious, serious case.” Ronald Richards, Mr. Jon’s defense lawyer, said this is a case of thwarted expectations: the young women had sought to trade sex for a career in fashion. “You can’t fault a man if women throw themselves at him,” he said. Mr. Jon, who faces life in prison if convicted on even some of the charges, has pleaded not guilty. In the first interview since his arrest, he said: “I am not a criminal. I am facing serious charges. But I am 100 percent innocent.”
ndian designer Anand Jon who has been accused of rape in Ame .. Read more
NEW YORK — Fashion designer Anand Jon Alexander has been portrayed as a predator and monster in coast-to-coast cases accusing him of raping aspiring models he lured to his apartment with the promise of fame. But here's how Alexander sees himself: an accomplished artist featured on "America's Next Top Model" who once worked with the likes of Paris Hilton, a practitioner of yoga, an admitted philanderer — but not a criminal. "We were all searching for companionship. We were all searching for success," he said during a jailhouse interview this week with The Associated Press. "The expectations were different. We got so caught up in the whole hype."